DRUNKEN AUSSIE BEEF BURGERS
Our iconic Aussie burger gets a drunken make over with a beer spiked juicy beef burger patty, layered with crispy bacon, caramelised pineapple, melted cheese, fried onion rings, sweet beetroot, ripened tomatoes and the most amazing egg porn to hit your kitchen bench.
That’s what I said. Egg porn.
Steaming hot burger patties fresh off the pan, made with an Aussie staple. Beer. And since we love our beer so much, I thought, ‘heeeyyyyy….add it into the burger’! Have I lost you? Stay with me.
The one burger I always order and forever when we go everywhere — well, pre-weight watchers, is the Aussie burger.
It’s basically a burger on steroids.
There’s so many good flavours that go into this thing, the usual calorie and fat content is enough to scare the crap outta anyone.
So, I did what any normal woman would do. I lightened it up.
And ladies and gentlemen…the best burger egg porn to warm the shackles of your heart.
Serve with — um — extra beer. Just to get extra crunk.
And enjoy this burger with your whole entire family. Alrigyht mayte?!
Our iconic Aussie burger gets a drunken make over with a beer spiked juicy beef burger patty, layered with crispy bacon, caramelised pineapple, melted cheese, fried onion rings, sweet beetroot, ripened tomatoes and the most amazing egg and burger porn to hit your kitchen bench.
Weight Watchers: 12pp
- 500g | 1lb extra lean beef mince (*See Notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup | 80ml of your favourite beer/lager
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 shortcut bacon pieces, fat removed
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices pineapple canned in natural juice
- Handful of rocket/arugula (or lettuce)
- 8 slices beetroot
- 4 slices cheese of choice (I use fat-free Cheddar)
- 1 tomato, sliced and divided
- 4 medium bread rolls of choice, halved
- Tomato sauce
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Combine meat together with the garlic, sauce and lager. Mix well with your hands for about a minute, until the meat has combined with the other ingredients. Divide meat mixture into 4 parts and firmly mould them into round patties about 1-inch thick.
- Heat a grill pan/skillet on medium-high heat. Sear hamburgers on both sides until golden and cooked to your liking.
- While the burgers are frying, fry the onion and bacon in a separate pan, until the onion is transparent and fragrant and the bacon is crispy on both sides.
- Transfer bacon and onion onto a paper towel; wipe pan over; add a drizzle of oil and fry the eggs until cooked to your liking.
- When the burger patties are done, transfer them onto a warmed plate; wipe pan over with a paper towel; and fry the pineapple rings (about 1 minute each side until caramelised).
- Build your burgers! Layer the base of each bun with the lettuce/arugula, beetroot slices, burger patties, cheese, pineapple rings, bacon, onion rings, tomato slices and the fried egg. Drizzle with tomato sauce and (optional) mayonnaise; top with remaining bun piece and serve!